Claiming national heritage


My national heritage is now a taboo to the youths
I cannot sing my national anthem
Politics have taken its national identity
Singing it ascribe me to a political party I do not subscribe to
My National heritage


My national heritage is proscribed amongst the youth
I cannot wave my national flag
I have lost pride in my national flag
Again politics have stolen it from the populace
Waving it seem to spell my political aspirations yet false
My National Heritage

My National Heritage is forbidden amongst the youths
Hearing of the liberation struggle now irks my ears
The war our grandfathers, grandmothers, fathers and mothers fought
It has been stolen from the nation`s pride
It is suffering politicisation
My national heritage


My National Heritage
Today
I stand to claim what is rightfully mine
I claim ownership of the stolen heritage
I am not of the deceitful political party
but take ownership of what the liberation struggle achieved
I wave the Zimbabwean flag in smile
I sing aloud the National Anthem
I stand as a proud Zimbabwean
I claim my national heritage

I call upon you all to join me
CLAIM THE NATIONAL HERITAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nzira Dzemasoja Opposite of What ZANU PF has been Doing since 1980

The Youth Vote as the Deciding Factor; A Turning Point in the Zimbabwe 2023 Harmonized

E-Creator: An Online Ponzi Scheme Exposing Youth Unemployment in Zimbabwe